The historic Coal House has been completely restored to become the Easton Education Center. The Community Garden has been refreshed thanks to Claire Cresto and the 20/20 Group. The stairway leading from the Heritage Center to the Easton Center has been concreted and a new handrail installed.
A model of the railroad that traveled through Calico Rock from 1905-1965 has been added to the stairway leading to the basement of the Heritage & Visitor Center. It includes a diorama of the bluffs and a model of the river.
The historic Coal House has been completely restored to become the Easton Education Center. The Center, named in memory of F. Stowe Easton who was a railroad savant, honors the community's railroad history. The meeting room can accommodate up to 20 guests. The décor on the walls include historic photos from the construction of the railroad in 1903 and includes the original shovel used in the room when it was the town's coal storage building.
Calico Rock Museum & Visitor Center